Tuesday, May 6, 2008

On Thinking

"According to Kant, thinking is, 'talking with oneself...hence also inwardly listening.'"

I agree with this quote because whenever I am alone or bored, I find myself thinking about things that I usually wouldn't say aloud. I believe thinking is a form of talking to yourself. You ask yourself questions, and give yourself answers.

I think when you're with people and your mind is wondering, you are thinking about things you wouldn't usually say aloud, and when you're by yourself you are usually talking to yourself about anything. If you were with a group of friends and you didn't like one of your friends outfits, you probably wouldn't say it to everyone; you would say it to your self, or think it. If you were alone, and you were thinking about what you were going to do the next day, you might have a conversation with yourself, asking yourself questions like, 'Who am I going to hang out with?' or 'Where are we going to go?' , and then answering yourself.

So i strongly agree with this quote because I have personally experienced "talking with oneself".

No comments: