Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Excellence paper

Jennifer Buchholz
Grammar for College
30 April 2008

d E X r C E e L L a E N m C E s

Excellence is the prior tool to achievement. Without excellence there is no balance, there is no better for worse. The scale gives one the grade, while the heart gives the excellence. Cheating on homework and tests gives one a good grade but not a good heart, settling for little gives one a life but not the dream, and facing the lies but not the truth can make one incomplete. Is it how one feels about themselves or what other people trust them as? If there is something missing it is not excellence. To be truthful, there is excellence. In my views excellence is to do of ones highest ability, and then there is perfection, which to be truthful, does not exist.
There is a pressure within me that holds me back from writing this paper because I’m scared of not achieving excellence. Then I remember that excellence is not perfection; it is achieving a goal at your highest ability. If I do the best I can to write this paper and only receive a B, then I have reached excellence. People lie and cheat to try and bring themselves closer to excellence, but the truth is, it only hurts them in the end.
One can not be perfect but can face their goals, their fears, and their problems. That is where excellence comes in, your achievement of your highest ability. The dream of all people is to reach excellence. So next time you see the answers across from you, don’t cheat on that test, don’t settle for what you have, make your dream come true, and don’t live a lie, it only digs you into a deeper hole. Does one have to reach perfection? No, but I feel life is more complete with dreams and excellence.

No comments: