Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Personal Statement

My interest in art started when I was as young as four years old. It has always been a passion of mine. I've always enjoyed being creative and designing art projects for my friends and family. As I became older and got into high school, I had the opportunity to take art classes. I took Drawing 1 and 2, Design, Sculpture, Web Design, Graphic Art, Painting, and Photography. I plan to attend South Dakota State University to proceed with my studies in visual art. I hope to get a major in Graphic Design or maybe even education so I can one day become an art teacher.

In the process of taking Graphic Art at my school, I realized then, that I want to be a graphic design artist. I recently designed a logo for The Battle of the Bands, and I am currently designing posters and banners for “Buckle Up Week” at my high school. I used to volunteer at the local art center here in Marshall, MN. I have also been featured in several art shows around town.

I am creative, responsible, independent, open-minded, and have great artistic abilities. I would greatly appreciate if you would give me the opportunity to work for your company so I can someday be a full-time graphic design artist.

No comments: